WE22 will once again utilize a hybrid conference structure (with in-person and virtual options for attendees). Invited speakers will attend WE22 in-person to present their session and also provide a pre-recorded session that will be available on our virtual platform. This year, we are not providing the option to provide virtual-only participation as a speaker. We are asking all invited speakers to submit content for the virtual platform as well as present on-site in Houston, TX. Speakers do not need to be present when their recorded session is scheduled during the virtual portion of the conference.
Request: Submit Speaker Agreement by June 15, 2022: Please review and complete the SWE Speaker Agreement (provided in the acceptance email to the primary speaker) by June 15, 2022, at 11:59 PM EST.
- You are filling out this Speaker Agreement on behalf of all speakers in your session (if applicable). Please pass this acceptance letter to them and the speaker agreement to them.
- Let us know immediately if you, or a speaker in your group, are not able to present at WE22 as some speakers have been waitlisted and are seeking an opportunity to present.
Be Prepared: Plan to record your WE22 Session Early!
- Lecture & Panel Speakers – recording due September 16: In early July of 2022, speakers for panels and lectures will be invited to sign-up for a recording session in a staff-supported virtual studio. Sessions will be recorded between mid-July and mid-September.
- Snap Session Speakers – recording due August 31: Snap Sessions speakers will be asked to record your session via Zoom and upload it to the SWE system by August 31, 2022.
Speaker Recording Exceptions: Exceptions to recording sessions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Exception requests may be emailed to Valerie Bland at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it is our expectation that WE22 speakers provide an in-person and pre-recorded session and requests to be exempt from recording may result in the cancellation of your session to make room for content that can be available both in-person and virtually.
- View Link – WE22 Speaker Orientation (External Link) – Includes Best Practices for Accessible Presentations
- Download a PDF file — In-Person & On-Demand Speaker Toolkit – Includes Best Practices for Accessible Presentations
- Download a ZIP file — WE22 PowerPoint Template
- Download a PDF file — WE22 Guidance For Remote Presenters
- Download a ZIP file — WE22 Speaker Zoom Backgrounds
- Download a ZIP file — WE22 Speaker Social Media Graphics
- Download a PDF file — WE22 Speaker Social Media Toolkit